The Intersection of Health Care, Technology and Data Science
CAHIIM-Accredited Online Master of Science in Health Informatics and Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics and Data Analytics
One of the most difficult challenges for modern health care is connecting vast information silos via technology. The benefits are extensive when data is flowing and connected efficiently—improving the quality, appropriateness, and effectiveness of health care services.
Disparate data accumulation by health care providers and organizations is growing exponentially, making health informatics a critical component of the industry's transformation. Health informatics professionals manage, analyze, and interpret health data, information, and knowledge through information technology and computational tools. The health informatics field is the combination of many disciplines including:
Download a FREE program brochure
Download a FREE program brochure that includes program details, course information, and more. To get yours and to connect with an admissions representative, complete this form.
Why Choose Mason's Health Informatics Programs?
MS in Health Informatics | Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics and Data Analytics
- 28 MONTHS
- Competency-Based Program
- Learning Formats
- Program can be completed in less than 2 ½ years
- In health IT, computer science, information science and business areas
- Synchronous, Asynchronous, and field practicum courses
Student-centered learning, not faculty-centered teaching.
"What the industry needs is people who can focus on the whole life spectrum of data analytics—meaning, they can talk to the customer, find out what the problem is, export the relevant data from any system, import it to a functional application, analyze the data and then build a model. In the end, the model needs to be usable and it needs to solve the customer's problem, clinical or administrative."
— Janusz Wojtusiak, PhD, Associate Professor & Section Chief
Our evidence-based curriculum is designed to develop your proficiency in the competencies necessary for success in health informatics and health data analytics. The content is routinely assessed and adjusted in response to dynamically changing health care and technology fields by:
Preparing Well-Equipped Health Informaticists or Data Analysts
The CAHIIM-accredited online MS in Health Informatics and its graduate certificate provides a high level of knowledge, technical skills, and experiential learning, which is key to your ability to apply knowledge and skills in a real-world setting. Connect with us to learn more about our high-quality courses and rich, meaningful engagement with professors and fellow students.
- Current health care professionals, both clinical and administrative, who want to transition into an IT or data analytics focus while maintaining their connection to the health care industry
- Existing information technology or data science professionals who want to specialize in the highly nuanced health care domain
- Those who have found themselves already in a health IT job, but who are in need of advanced training to further their career and/or to elevate their skillset
- Career changers with neither IT nor health care backgrounds who intend to work hard to study and immerse themselves in a new technical field
- For students who are new to Health Informatics or who want to brush up on their skills, George Mason offers a MSHI Bridge course to help create a successful transition into the program.